Volvo Dashboard Warning Lights
Your new Volvo car, wagon, or SUV has been designed to keep you safe on Waterloo region roads. Along with its sturdy construction and advanced safety features, your Volvo is equipped with dashboard warning lights that add to overall vehicle safety by alerting you to potential issues that can have serious consequences if not addressed. Obviously, it is important to know exactly what your Volvo dashboard warning lights mean. The service team here at Volvo of Waterloo prepared this guide explaining the meaning of each of your Volvo dashboard warning lights.
Volvo Dashboard Warning Lights & Their Meanings
What follows is an overview of your Volvo dashboard warning lights. To learn more, consult your owner’s manual. Note that red lights mean there is a serious issue that requires your immediate attention, and yellow lights usually indicate that one of the control systems is in use. When a yellow light comes on, you will receive a text on your information screen that will explain its meaning.
Engine Warning Lights
- Check Engine Light – Alerts you to a wide assortment of issues from engine problems to a loose gas cap. If your Check Engine light comes on, it is recommended that you promptly schedule service to have our certified technicians diagnose exactly what the problem is and take care of it.
- Low Oil Pressure – Means that your vehicle is low on oil, or is due for an oil change.
- Emissions System – This light will come on if there is a fault within the vehicle’s emissions system.
- Engine Preheater – On diesel models only, this light indicates that the engine preheater is on.
- ECO – Shows that you are driving with the ECO drive mode activated.
- Information, Read Display Text – This light usually illuminates in conjunction with another dashboard warning light. A text will appear on your display screen explaining what the issue is. You can clear this alert by pressing the “OK” button.
- Start/Stop – Alerts you when the engine is auto-stopped.
- Alternator Not Charging – There’s an issue with your charging system and your battery may soon go dead.
Brake System Warning Lights:
- ABS Fault – Alerts you to a malfunction in the ABS system. Your regular brakes will continue to work, but the anti-lock brake function is inoperable.
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) – A flashing light means that the stability system is operating. A solid light means that there is a fault in the system.
- Stability System, Sport Mode– Illuminates when Sport Mode is activated.
Informative Warning Lights
- Low Fuel – You are running low on fuel and should fill up the tank as soon as possible.
- Main Beam On – Your headlights are on.
- Left/Right Direction Indicator – Will flash indicating either a right or left-hand turn. Both the left and right indicators will flash when the hazard warning lights are activated.
Safety Warning Lights
- Seat Belt Reminder – Reminds you to fasten your seat belt.
- Airbag SRS – Indicates that there is a fault in the airbag system.
- ABL Fault – Shows that there is an issue with the Active Bending Lights.
- Tire Pressure – The TPMS light alerts you when the air pressure in one of your tires is too low or too high. You should check the PSI of your tires and adjust the air pressure accordingly to ensure safe driving on Cambridge roads.
- Distance Warning – Will illuminate when you are following too close to the vehicle ahead of you.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) – The BLIS system is activated or there is an issue. You will receive an explanatory message on your information screen.
- Collision Warning System – The Collision Warning System is activated.
- Park Assist Pilot (PAP) – The PAP system is activated.
Learn More About Volvo Dashboard Warning Lights from Volvo of Waterloo
Your Volvo dashboard warning lights keep you aware of the mechanical and electronic systems built into your vehicle. You can find more information regarding the Volvo dashboard lights in our owner’s manual, or you can stop by our Service Centre near Kitchener where our in-house techs can explain the meaning of each light and perform any required maintenance or repair. Whether it’s time to replace your brake pads, get a wheel alignment, or install new tires for your Volvo XC90, we’re ready to go to work for you today. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Service Centre.
Explore Our Models
The 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country is a sporty wagon that combines the utility of an SUV with the sophisticated comfort of a luxury sedan. With its unique design, standard all-wheel drive, and wide array of features, the V60 Cross Country is an ideal choice for any Kitchener driver who leads an active lifestyle. Learn…
If you have decided on a 2020 Volvo XC90, congratulations. This luxury SUV offers dynamic performance, premium Scandinavian design, and a wide range of top-shelf features that will keep you comfortable, connected, and safe on Kitchener roads. Along with deciding which of the nine trim levels you want, you’ll also have the opportunity to choose…
The 2020 Volvo XC90 offers a winning combination of sophisticated design and superior performance in a way that few other luxury SUVs do. The XC90 comes powered by a standard 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine with front-wheel drive, but it’s also available in a hybrid model that delivers enhanced efficiency on your Kitchener commute. The comfortable…